- Use behavioral and demographic information about your prospects to develop buyer personas based on their interests and needs, then target your content accordingly.
- Before you start creating new content, conduct an audit of your existing content to identify the topics and personas you should focus on and set up guidelines for new content.
- Map your content to the buying cycle of your customers to ensure that you’re creating content that works best for your readers based on which stage they are in.
- Create an editorial calendar to build a detailed schedule for creating and publishing content.
- Find new ways to come up with creative content topics that are relevant, helpful, and fun for your readers, and keep a backlog of these ideas so you always have some on hand when you’re ready to create new content.
Content alone can’t generate inbound marketing success. The pieces you create have to fit into an overall strategy of SEO, social media engagement, lead nurturing, measurement, and optimisation. But with a well-defined content strategy, a detailed editorial calendar, and a good topic backlog, you’ll be publishing content like a pro and be on well on your way to becoming a more effective marketer.
At Milkshake-factory, we are on a mission to make your small business marketing hassle free. You will find a lot of articles on our blog that can help you gain insight in the world of digital marketing. We hope these are going to be useful to you and we also look forward to your feedback on what else would you like to learn to help you to grow your small business. Consider hiring Milkshake-factory, complete marketing solutions, for all your marketing needs, contact us for a FREE consultation.