Link building is vital when improving your website’s performance. Below are recommended link building tips, try these and let your site’s performance grow.
On-Site Link Building
- Check internal links – If you aren’t yet maximizing your internal link structure, address these elements before seeking inbound links.
- 404 links – If inbound links pointing at your website result in 404 pages due to moved or deleted content, set up 301 redirects to point these links (and their corresponding link juice) to a current page on your site.
- Use TYNT plugin – The TYNT plugin automatically appends a link back to your site onto content that’s been copied and pasted from your pages to another website. It’s an easy way to secure links from those who would have otherwise stolen your content.
Deep Link Building
- Conduct competitive research – If you’re running out of ideas for link prospects, take a look at your competitors’ link profiles using tools like Majestic SEO or the Open Site Explorer to identify more options.
- Updated content on external sites for links – Monitor the SERPs for your target keywords regularly, looking for high ranking results that contain out-of-date information.
- Build deep link building – As you’re building links, look for opportunities to link directly to the deep pages on your website. Doing so will increase the odds of having your more relevant internal pages (versus your generic home page) ranked well in the natural SERPs.
Social Media Link Building
- Benefit from powerful users – Building your social networks occurs much faster when you leverage the existing followings of power users by forming relationships with these authority figures.
- Use Twitter Cards – Twitter Cards allows you to attach media experiences to tweets that link back to your content, making them more appealing.
- Guest bloggers – Ask bloggers to blog onto your site.
- Articles in various formats – Publish articles in multiple formats ie. PDF, audio interview and video.
- Search the web – Run a Google search for your name, your company’s name, your branded keywords and your website URL, ask for a back link.
- Use Google alerts to track unlinked brand mentions
- Submit testimonials
Keep in mind that these recommendations only scratch the surface in terms of a advanced linkbacks. If this all sounds too complicated, consider hiring a Melbourne Marketer, contact us for a FREE no obligation quote.