We identified SERP as a search engine results page, which means that SERPs are a list of web pages. There are three elements to SERP:
- Search or Query – keywords that the user types in to search, for example melbourne marketing.
- Organic SERP Listings – These are the “natural” listings of webpages, ensuring that the query the user searches for produce the most relevant site.
- Paid SERP Listings – These are advertisements, or “sponsored links.” You can have your ad displayed here by launching a pay-per-click search campaign, and by ensuring that your maximum CPC bids and Quality Score allow you to secure a high enough ad position for the keyword you’re targeting.
What Does SERPs Mean To My Business?
Ranking your small business website on the most appropriate SERP position will determine the success of your website or ad. Consider the following:
- Approx. 68% of searchers select a result on the first page of search results
- Approx. 40% of searches select the first listing result
Improving SERPs is difficult. Generating better search engine optimization ranking for competitive keywords is often as complicated as it is profitable, and buying better paid SERP position can be expensive, as you are being charged more money for higher SERP positions.
Ideas On How To Improve SERP Rankings?
Below are small business ideas on how to improve your SERP rankings:
- Research Keywords – Find our what your keywords are that will drive traffic to your website.
- Phrase Keywords – Create a hierarchy for these keywords
- Act On the Analytics – Copy write your ad campaigns, actually achieve the SERP positions you were after.
- Observe the Results – Build on this initial “SERP improvement to-do list”.
Don’t Just Check SERPs: Manipulate Them!
These small business ideas may seem like its a lot of work. It is, but it is achievable. If this all sounds too complicated, consider hiring a Melbourne Marketer, contact us for a FREE no obligation quote.