All social channels are fertile ground for generating leads. The key is not to put all of your eggs into one basket.
Do you think LinkedIn is only for professional job seekers? Think again. Your business needs and wants as much exposure as possible on all of the social channels you can effectively manage. Sound time consuming? That depends.
Leads must be nurtured in one way or another. And up to 95% of qualified prospects on your website are there to research and are not yet ready to engage with sales, never mind buy. But, we know that as many as 70% will eventually buy from you or one of your competitors. Who would you rather it be? Time spent on social media, when spent efficiently and effectively, can yield results beyond what you may have imagined possible.
Milkshake-factory takes social media marketing lead generation serious and we have realised amazing success from our efforts. Social Media does provide opportunities for going global. Here are some of our learnings we would like to share:
1. Don’t take yourself too seriously. It should be obvious but social media is about being social, and that means you need a good personality to make your brand likable.
2. Inbound is not enough. Each of the tactics described in this ebook can work on their own. But, for a business to benefit fully from them, they should be combined with outbound marketing. Never underestimate what a bit of paid promotion can do for your business.
3. You must have good content and solid offers. Without well-produced, engaging content, any and all tactics you employ will most likely fail.
4. You will need a strong call to action. The tried-and-true, strong call to action is just as important in social media as it is anywhere else. Be clear about what you want your audience to do after consuming your content or engaging with your brand.
5. Always add value. At the end of the day, if you are not providing some sort of value to your prospects and customers, you are not doing your job and social media will never work for you.
6. Never forget that social is a two-way street. No one likes being talked at. Yes, broadcast your message, but remember to keep the lines of communication open in both directions. When contacted, always respond quickly and sincerely. Be sure to mix up your messaging and use a combination of content and offers.
At Milkshake-factory, we are on a mission to make your small business marketing hassle free. You will find a lot of articles on our blog that can help you gain insight in the world of digital marketing. We hope these are going to be useful to you and we also look forward to your feedback on what else would you like to learn to help you to grow your small business. Consider hiring Milkshake-factory, complete marketing solutions, for all your marketing needs, contact us for a FREE consultation.